what we do
Our firm offers a wide range of services to our individual and business clients. Our clients benefit from personalized, quality service that our clients have come to expect. We have listed the services that we offer to our clients, together with a brief description.
As the list below is by no means comprehensive, please feel free to inquire about a service if you do not see it listed.
Providing financial information to our clients in a timely and accurate manner is a commitment that we feel cannot be compromised. Meaningful, well-organized financial records ensure that your business operations will run more efficiently on a daily basis. Our firm provides a full range of cost effective accounting services including the following:
- Bookkeeping services
- General ledger & financial statement preparation
- Accounting system setup for new businesses
Audits, Reviews and Compilations
We view our role in the financial reporting process as an opportunity to provide constructive solutions for maximizing your company’s profitability and efficiency. We provide financial reporting on all three levels of assurance:
- Audit – an intensive examination with the highest level of assurance
- Review – some analytical procedures conducted with limited assurance
- Compilation – based upon client information provided and used primarily for internal use
We can assist you in the preparation of your financial statements in accordance with professional standards, but express no opinion or any other form of assurance on the underlying information included in them. The financial statements produced can be a useful tool for management for making financial decisions.
We gauge our worth by the personal and business successes of our clients. We can help your business identify areas negatively affecting profitability and growth and develop solutions that are practical and technically sound. In addition to acting as a sounding board for management, we provide comprehensive, flexible strategies that address the issues affecting your business. The following are just a few of the areas in which we provide consulting services:
- Accounting software selection and implementation
- Business valuations
- Buying/selling a business
- Business process improvement
- Computer systems
- Financial & retirement planning
- Estate planning
Purchase and Sale of a Business
Preparation and planning are key to the successful purchase or sale of a business. Our team can assist you with all aspects your transaction, including valuation, cash flow analysis, tax minimization and transition planning.
Estate & Trust Tax Preparation
Effective estate planning facilitates the orderly transfer of assets to your beneficiaries, provides security for your surviving spouse, and can reduce or eliminate the tax due on the transfer of your business and other assets. For business owners, providing for business continuity and succession of ownership is essential. We can guide you through the complex process of getting your financial affairs in order.
We prefer to take a proactive vs. reactive approach to tax services. By keeping current on new tax laws and legislation, we are in a position to identify key tax planning opportunities that minimize both your current and future tax liabilities. We provide our individual and business clients with the taxation expertise and knowledge that they deserve throughout the year. Tax services offered include, but are not limited to:
- Tax planning for individuals and corporations
- Return preparation for: – Individuals – Corporations – Estates and trusts – Not-for-profit organizations
- Provincial and federal commodity tax planning and compliance
- Tax considerations in matrimonial settlements
- Tax effects of buying/selling a business
- Tax effective retirement and estate planning
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments you may have. We pride ourselves on being proactive and responsive to our clients’ inquiries and suggestions.